White, yellow, and gold amplified the beauty of Loews Don CeSar Hotel as Megan and Danny walked the aisle with happiness. With their wedding’s vintage-atmosphere, sparks from glittery dresses, bright chandeliers, and hanging fairy lights were complete hits! To me, their photos looked timeless in all angles, and you’ve got to see it for yourself! It would have been really nice if you and I were there to see the beauty of their day unfold. Congratulations Meg and Dan!
The Album Story
We wanted something that represented us. Since this was a destination wedding, we wanted our guests to enjoy themselves thoroughly. We strived for an elegant and fun wedding.
All white with a touch of gold sparkle! It started with the bridesmaid dresses and was used as an accent throughout the wedding décor. From the dresses to the extra overlay of sheer gold on the tablecloths to the sparkling gold ribbon around each layer of the wedding cake. I also sewed a small amount of sparkle to the flower girl’s belts on their dresses.
Wedding Outfit Inspiration
For the girls, sparkle! I saw the dress on Pinterest and I was determined to find it. I wanted my girls to look and feel beautiful and as it turned out, they all loved the dress. It’s such a cliché to say that I wanted a dress that they could wear again, but in this instance, they really can! The boys all wore traditional tuxedos. It is a very clean, classic and sophisticated look- and who doesn’t love a man in a tux!
Our Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Projects
- We chose to give away mini bottles, which also served as the table assignments. Vodka for the ladies and whiskey for the men.
- I printed out the individual names and table assignments on thicker paper using a gift tag template, then used specialized double sided tape to adhere to the heavier glitter card-stock. Finally, I found these adorable mini stamps for the food options. The tags were then tied to the bottles with glitter gold ribbon.
- For the centerpieces, I purchased my own pillar candle holders from Frontgate and votive holders from Z Gallerie. I found matching candles for each at Michaels. I waited for them to go on sale at each store, and got a great deal!
- I also put together welcome bags. I purchased white bags from Amazon, gold glitter ribbon from Michaels (watch for coupons), and made separate tags for each bag that included our name and date of wedding. Inside, I included a 5×5 thank you note for each guest that I purchased off etsy and printed it at home on thicker 8×10 paper. I cut them in half and used a rounded corner punch to make them look softer. On the back of each, I printed a colored map of the Tampa area, that included the location of the church and hotel highlighted for our guests.
- For the menu’s and welcome bag tags, I used the website foryourparty.com. They have lots of different options that are very affordable.
Highlights from the Ceremony and the Reception
There were too many to mention but definitely the first dances, our vows, the fun everyone had with the photo booth. I didn’t have a wedding planner, so when we saw the reception room decorated and my entire vision actually come together, I was elated. From the draping of the walls, the white vinyl dance floor, the monogram of our initials on the dance floor, the subtle pop of sparkle with the bridal and cake tablecloths, the beautiful centerpieces, the soft candlelight on all the tables, the white lounge furniture on the veranda, to the smiles of all our friends and family.
It was all worth it! I didn’t know if my vision would come together, but if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t do one thing different. Everyone was so happy for us and we were happy they were there to celebrate with us.
Favorite Part of the Day
Aside from the actual ceremony, my favorite part of the day was the “first” dances, with my husband and with my father. A new start of our life together and a part of my past I was leaving. Those are moments that I will always treasure.
A Memorable Moment
Standing on the altar, in front of the priest, vowing to love each other and to spend a lifetime together.
Photographer: Limelight Photography
Dress Designer: Berta Bridal
Cake Designer: Cakes By Carolynn
Other: CHIC Event Furniture Rental
Floral Designer: Flowers By Design
DJ: Jeff Staples Group
Bridesmaid Dresses: JT Collections
Reception Venue: Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Ceremony Location: Saint Mary Our Lady of Grace
Equipment Rentals: Signature Events By Design LLC