Arriving at the altar takes a little more planning than walking down the aisle, especially when your wedding will take place on a beach. For wedding transportation, the sandy location makes things more complicated, but also opens possibilities.
Will you pull up in a nautical ride or roll in on wheels? As you ponder how you, your partner, the bridal party and your guests should travel to the ceremony, take advantage of your seaside setting. The following guide can help you pick the right transportation for your beach wedding.
Establish the Best Routes to the Ceremony
When you’re determining what kind of vehicle can take you from point A to point B, it’s important to know if your points are on the road, over the water or on the sandy coastline. Your beach routes can make a difference in what kind of transportation vessel you want.
If there’s a direct line from your ceremony to the reception, but it’s by water, make sure to factor that in. Map out the route to the ceremony, the one to the reception and the final one to the honeymoon.
Determine the Wedding Timeline
Sort out the timeline of your wedding day to figure out when each group needs transportation. You can determine approximate pickup, drop-off and waiting times for each party. Leave wiggle room in the timeline to account for delays or setbacks, so a late arrival doesn’t derail the whole day.
Choose Your Transportation Type
Transportation for the guests, the bridal party and the happy couple can change your beach wedding, from the wedding pictures to special moments with your loved ones. Here are seven kinds of transportation that can suit your wedding on the beach.
- Sailboat: For a beach wedding, you have access to the sea and the dreaminess of a sailboat entrance. A waterfront reception allows the bride and her father to step off the boat onto a pier, and if you stick around the beach for your reception, you can feature the billowy sails in the sendoff, too.
- Shuttle bus: If your guests have to cover some distance for your beach wedding, you can hire a luxury shuttle bus to drive your guests around as a thoughtful gesture. You can use the shuttle to keep the celebration going from airport pick up all the way to the newlywed getaway at the end of the event. Account for a large portion of the out-of-town guests with a high-capacity bus.
- Yacht: Another water-bound option, a yacht, offers an extravagant way to ride off with your lifelong partner. You and your soon-to-be spouse can head out on a private boat for a memorable escape. When will you have another special occasion like this to indulge in an elegant yacht?
- Bicycle: For beach weddings adjacent to a lovely pier or pleasant pathways through the dunes, bikes can be a fun transportation choice. Opt for a tandem bicycle for an intimate getaway ride — and don’t forget to hang a romantic “just married” sign on the back.
- Golf cart: Golf carts outfitted for the sand can be a breezy beachside ride for guests and the bridal party. Arriving by the water is effortless with a few golf carts. You can taxi your guests to their seats and reserve a decorative golf cart for the happy couple.
- Rowboat: Weddings on the beach can have a charming entrance or exit with rowboats or canoes, too. With nautical details and decorations, a small boat can accentuate the wedding location. This quaint and hands-on ride might get you and the bridal party a little wet, so take care to stay dry as you drift over the ocean.
- Trolley: An old-fashioned trolley can boost the vibe of your wedding transportation. You, your partner and the bridal party can gaze out the trolley windows as you travel to the beach. The standing and sitting options can keep everyone looking and feeling their best.
Lock Down Your Ideal Beach Wedding Ride
Your seaside wedding is already unique, but a stylish mode of transportation can complete the event. Decide on a wedding ride that can keep your guests cared for, your bridal party entertained and your wedding day successful.